Meet local farmers and producers at Lincoln Farmers' Markets and sample some of the best food the region has to offer.
Meet local artists at Lincoln Artists' Market, Castle Hill Lincoln.
The Lincoln Christmas Market. A contemporary cathedral city with over 2,000 years of history, Lincoln is the perfect place to visit over the festive period. Take a trip back through time and stroll along the cobbles the cultural quarter of the city. The medieval square between the impressive Norman castle and magnificent Gothic Cathedral is the perfect backdrop for the Christmas Market.
Visitors are welcomed to this beautiful city and the traditional Christmas Market, where you will enjoy cultural entertainment and stroll around over 250 stalls nestled with in the medieval square and surrounding area.
Lincoln Christmas Market has developed dramatically since it began with just 11 stalls. The Christmas Market gives visitors and residents a truly festive experience, with a traditional, high quality event for all the family.
In 1999 artists and craft-makers of Lincolnshire combined to put their studios and workshops 'on the map'.
Lincolnshire Open Studios, also known as 'Art on the Map' (AOTM), provides opportunities for residents and tourists in the county to see close-up the products of many high quality Lincolnshire artists and craft- makers.
It also gives visitors the opportunity to meet the members in their place of work and to view how it all comes together.
Fifteen thousand free copies of the 56 page AOTM 2012 Directory were distributed throughout Lincolnshire.
However, to see a digital version now, then please click on the image to the left.
Artist and crafts-maker who wish to apply to join AOTM need only to click the 'Sign up Today' tab in the bottom right of this page, and they will find the application form.
Lincoln Drill Hall was built in 1890 on the site of Henry Newsum's Steam Saw Mill. It was paid for by city industrialist Joseph Ruston who presented the building by Deed of Gift to the Mayor of Lincoln. It was opened on 24 May 1890 by The Right Honorary Edward Stanhope, Secretary of State for War and Member of Parliament for Horncastle.
For most of the first part of the 20th Century it was used as a military and police training hall, but was also available for entertainment and was used by Mr Ruston's employees for regular dances. After the Second World War all kinds of events began to be staged in the Drill Hall from wrestling, to bingo, to live bands. The Rolling Stones played here on 31 December 1963, prior to their appearance on the very first Top of the Pops the next day!
By the late 1990s, the building had begun to fall into a state of disrepair and it was closed in 1999 due to the electrical systems being unsafe.
Five years and a £2.6m refurbishment later the building was effectively 'turned round' and re-opened in 2004 as Lincoln Drill Hall, an arts and community venue, with a fully equipped flexible auditorium, a cafe bar and two smaller rooms all available for hire. The venue was run by City of Lincoln Council until September 2010 from when the management of the venue was handed over to Lincoln Arts Trust Ltd, an independent registered charity.
Lincoln Drill Hall now presents an all year round programme of jazz, theatre, literature, comedy, blues, dance, rock & pop, classical music, children's events and workshops and also hosts a huge number of meetings & conferences.
Lincoln Performing Arts Centre is a modern theatre in the city centre, with a great range of shows and a friendly cafe bar. We are walking distance from High Street shopping and the restaurants on the Brayford Pool waterfront, you will also find plenty of parking nearby.
The Collection replaces the original City and County Museum in Lincoln, which had been open since 1906 and encompasses the Usher Gallery next door.
Located in the centre of the city, the new institution has been purposefully built to fit in with its historic surroundings. As such it is faced in Lincolnshire limestone and the roof has been made to look like lead so as to complement the roof of Lincoln Cathedral nearby.